Sunday, February 4, 2007

All things - beautifully handmade

Okay, I've done it. I actually set up a blog, never fail to amaze myself. Someone on Etsy told me I could do it- I guess I just had to believe it.
Now what do I do???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will start by telling you a bit about myself:

I am a 68 year old arts and crafter. Have been for years. If I haven't done it, or tried to do it- it hasn't been done.
I created a line of ceramic buttons in 1989 called- Something Pretty. I still sell them on my eBay site, Ecrater, and Etsy. In 1999 we stopped advertising and traveling to the Major Show to promote my buttons, so they just hung on the racks for several years- until I found eBay and started selling them there.
I do a lot of Wood projects, Watercolor,Oils, Stained glass, Wind chimes, Personalized Coffee Mugs, Artisan Jewelry etc, etc,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have the sweetest and most supportive husband in the world. I thank God for him every day.
We have 2 grown childen, and 3 grandchildren.

Iketta, my daughter, is a Respiratory Therapist. She has a daughter Jessalyn Faye, who is a Junior in High School and on the Honor Roll- she is a Cheer Leader for her school team.
Ronny, my son, is a big rig driver for UPS. He has a son, Eric who is a Junior in College at UT Knoxville. Also a daughter Amy, who is a Junior in High School and on the Honor Roll- she plays Basketball for her school team.
I have a wonderful family and they mean the world to me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To me there is nothing more beautiful than handmade items. Each and everything someone creates has a part of their sole in it, I know mine do. I feel passionate about everything I create and strive to do a quality work.

I think anyone with creative talents are kissed by God and Angels. We are blessed with a gift and if as artist, we don't use these gifts, and share them with others, we are doing a disservice to ourselves.

I use my crafts to suppliment my income in order to have "mad Money" to spend on myself and the ones I love. I also give a lot of it as gifts.

Here are the links to my 3 selling sites:

http://stores.ebay.com/SomethingPrettyHandcrafteditems?refid=store
http://DustandClay.etsy.com
http//somethingpretty.ecrater.com

Please visit my blog with comments and photos of your work.
Use my site to promote any handcrafted venue- such as Craft Fairs, web sites, yourself- anything.

I plan to post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Have a good day, and God Bless,
Bettye

PLEASE NOTE: The pictures shown below this entry are 4 of my most popular Personalized Mugs.
I now have 60 models I create.

They can be seen on my selling sites:
eBay (username) SomethingPrettyHandcrafteditems
Ecrater: www.somethingprettyecrater.com
Etsy: www.DustandClay.etsy.com


1 comment:

  1. I am happy to be Bettye's first post. She is my sister and one VERY talented lady. It seems that she got the artistic talent in the family. My husband and I have just built our dream home. We were extremely pleased with the tile paintings that she custom made for us to use behind our kitchen range, in a guest bath on the tub wall, for two vanity splashes, and in the pantry as a border trim.
    If you are planning a new home, you, too, may be interested in her talents. She takes commissions.
    Good luck, Bettye, with your blog!

    ReplyDelete