Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A day in the life.


This has just been the nicest day. Ike was here with me and we didn't do anything but hang out together and plant a few thing- dug in the dirt so to speak.
He is raising a garden again this year. I know I should be down there helping him but gardening to me is a waste of time. Most of the time the things he plants just go to waste -since I don't know a thing in the world about canning or preserving vegetables.
He has planted over 300 strawberry plants. I love strawberries and tomatoes but all of the other stuff I don't care for- I don't like vegetables- I will eat corn, and potatoes but the green stuff, I don't like. My daughter ask him to plant her some okra and squash- so he did. I hope she will take care of it and see that it gets preserved. Mama can't help her though- so I don't know who she can ask. I could probably Google it for her. Can you believe someone my age doesn't know how to do these things. It's just so much easier to buy it at the Super Market fresh, or in a can, all ready to cook.
I take care of my plants and flowers around the house and in the yard- that's enough to keep me busy.
This is Wednesday already- I haven't been to busy this week.
I did sell a Wyle Coyote W/Gig on Monday from my Ecrater Booth and got it shipped out today.
(See the picture above of the finished W/Gig)
I have 3 Mugs to do tomorrow.
I will get them done tomorrow for sure- since I just heard Ike get a call to help move some cows from a neighbor - he will be off to work and that is when I seem to get more done than usual. 3 Mugs want take long to do.
He should be home by noon and we have a trellis to build when he gets in.
I want him to help me build some birdhouses but am not having to much luck getting him to do it. It requires lots of angles, measuring, and power tools- I don't do good with those things, but I can sure decorate them once they are done. I have all kinds of unique ideas floating around in my head.
Gona close- I'm rambling as usual.
Life is good.
Bettye

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Bettye! So glad to see you blogging again! If you really want Ike to get the bird houses done for you, here is what you have to do. Go out in the shed get the wood, now go get his power tools. He will be soooo willing to do it for you. I have found that men don't like us to be in their "domain" or use "their" tools. When I head to the shed, hubby is usually right on my heals. Works like a charm.
    (((HUGS)))
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, you don't know my Ike. He only worries when I touch the table saw and the chop saw. He's afraid I'll cut myself really bad. But I use drill presses, sanders, and band saws with no problems. The "big boys" though- I'm really afraid of those. Ike is a builder, he built the house we live in- he knows all about measuring and miter cuts. I can't show you a 1/8th. or 1/16th. of inch on a ruler, what I don't know -he helps me with.
    He made me the prettiest lattice today for a new Jasmine vine,I planted. It's hard to get him started though. He knows I'm so particular and I know he likes to think he knows it all. We sometimes don't work the greatest together- I'm a bit bossy. I have the vision of something I want and he makes it for me. I couldn't do a lot of my projects without him and he knows it, so that means I have to wait till he is in the mood. Men- we can't live with them or without them-can we?
    Did you get your projects finished? Where can I see them?
    (((HUGS BACK TO YOU)))
    Bettye

    ReplyDelete