Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm up to my knees in new things-

I sent all the Birdhouses Ike and I crafted from old barn wood last month to my nieces, she is going to take them to a big Crafts Fair at Reelfoot Lake in November and sell them for me. Ike and I had made 20. We are now doing more simpler ones to sell in our 35 mile yard sale held here each year at the end of Sept. We have 4 made for that.
I painted a rural summer scene on a old rust shovel yesterday. It turned out really nice. I plan to drill a hole and attach a real tree branch to look like a real tree and add ceramic leaves to it to give it extra touches of character. I will list it here in the blog when I get it completed.
I'm also doing a twig covered, old window frame. It would look great in a rustic country cabin or on a shed wall in the garden. Could actually be used inside or out. I am putting the twigs on with Ikes staple gun, so they are really secure.
I'm in the middle of laundry right now though-ugh! I hate house work. I want to get into my painting shed to create but sometimes you just "have to do- what you have to do"- know what I mean? Whether you want to or not.
So I better close and get to it.
Nancy, so good to see your friendly face on my blog and to have you as a follower.
You get busy and create one for yourself. I know you can do it if I can. Just follow the steps. Let me know when you get it up and running. Good luck.
Be productive- and be happy!
Life is good.
Bettye

2 comments:

  1. Bettye so glad that you are posting again. The shovel birdhouse sounds so cool. You have so much talent! I know I try to do a couple of chores a day so I don't have to take a whole day to do it all. Yuck! I did get my kitchen deep cleaned this week and when it was done, it was a real sense of accomplishment. Can't wait to see the pictures!
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the shovel painting Dede. It was fun to do.
    Are you enjoying the summer. It's been a busy one for me.
    Friends,
    Bettye

    ReplyDelete