Monday, August 22, 2011

Ike's puppy story - August 21st

Good morning everyone. Have I got a story to tell.

I told you Ike's Border Collie had 4 puppies and lost one- well, you want believe this, this morning (that's a good 10 or 12 hours later), she had another one. He now has 4- living.

We really had a noct. She was barking last noct about 3 A.M and he got up to go check on her. He was about 30 minutes down there and then I went to check on HIM! There he sat rubbing her head and talking to her.

We got things all wrapped up and headed back to bed. We were in bed a bout 10 or 15 minutes and decided we needed to put a thick rug in the bed since it seems a bit chilly- so up we get and back to the farrowing house we go. We get that all taken care of the this morning she started barking again about 5- that's when Ike went to check on her and found the other puppy. He said she had climbed out of the pin (and I kid you not) they are taller than my head. She had that puppy outside the pin in the hallway. Had he not gotten there soon as he heard her barking, he might have lost that one. I was left with orders to check on them and give the newest one some warm milk when I got up this morning- so when I got up I dutifully did that. It was all cuddled and warm up with the others under it's mom. I sure hope he can raise all of them- he'd be devastated to loose one.

I gotta get my cup of coffee now. Just wanted to share this story with everyone. Wish us luck with our puppies. It sure is fun to raise them and send them off to loving homes. I'll try to take some pictures and post them in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment