Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey- aven't been here in a while

Just thought I would give this another try. I feel like I am writing to myself, but maybe not.

I'm a crafts person. I create "handmade/handcrafted" items. I feel our artist and craftsmen don't get the
respect and consideration we deserve. There are a lot of us out there, working diligently to produce unique, quality, items
and they are overlooked.
To lots of people crafts are perceived as cheap, made from recycled material, crap.
Well, that is not the case 9 times out of 10. Professional Crafters, are people who take pride in the things they produce.
Especially if they are trying to sell their item to the public.
We have no selling venues- the only "handcrafted/handmade" site I am aware of at this is Etsy. (If you know of others- I sure
would like to know about them.)
Etsy is drowning in the quantities of shops listed. There needs to be other places so the one that is available isn't so
bombarded-that the sellers get lost, and never seen.
Let's work on promoting "handcrafted/handmade" items.
If you are with me- please write in my blog. The more we shout about the situation, the more we stand a chance of being heard.
Bettye

No comments:

Post a Comment